Neighbors won't let you use outdoor speakers? Use a Whole House FM Transmitter to broadcast music right into the cars of your guests! This FCC approved transmitter broadcasts approximately 100 feet in all directions, and even comes with an easy to install, international antenna extension that helps boost performance (in approved countries).
This Whole House Transmitter purchase includes:
- Whole House FM Transmitter 3.0
- 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo Audio Cable
- RCA Jack Stereo Adapter
- Stereo Audio "Y" Cable
- 110/220 V AC Wall Outlet Adapter
- 12V DC Car Adapter
- Computer USB Power Adapter
Let your customers stay warm in their vehicles! They can listen to the show audio on their own radio being transmitted from your miniature FM station. You don’t need a license to operate this FM transmitter, but you must follow the detailed directions that come with the product as required by the FCC.
How far does this FM transmitter broadcast?
We feel comfortable saying this little transmitter will broadcast over 100 feet in all directions. Since the average home is around 2,000 square feet (according to National Association of Home Builders) it shouldn’t be a problem to cover your entire house and reach the street out front (in most cases.)
How many frequencies?
The FM transmitter allows you to cover the full range of FM frequencies from 88.1 to 107.9 FM. It also lets you select frequencies in 1 MHz steps so countries who use the even numbered frequencies can also use our FM transmitter.
It’s easy to add the FM transmitter to what you’re doing.
- Connect your audio source to the FM transmitter via one of the supplied audio cables (either the stereo headphone jack or stereo RCA jack from your ShowTime Director or PC)
- Find an unused FM station in your area and set the FM transmitter to that unused station (use the buttons on the side of the FM transmitter)
- To begin broadcasting turn on the FM transmitter by pressing down the switch on the top of the unit
- Adjust any FM radio to the signal that your are broadcasting on
- Make a sign to put in your yard so your audience knows how to listen to your show!
Look carefully and you’ll see an old fashioned on/off switch on the FM transmitter. If the unit loses power, when it is restored the transmitter is already on. All the other settings of the transmitter (frequency, volume, etc.) are also remembered.
|FM Transmitter with features||Approximate FM transmitter range||FM transmitter size shown with one type of antenna|
The FM transmitter will not drift between stations because of its advanced stereo PLL digital tuner technology and is designed to operate non-stop 24/7 with an electricity cost of about $1 (USD) a year.
|Distance of Transmission:||A radius of more than 100 feet (approximate)|
|FM Transmitter Frequencies:||88.0 through 108.0 (in 0.1MHz steps, i.e. odd & even)|
|4 way power:||110/220 VAC wall adapter
12 VDC mobile power adapter
Computer USB power adapter
Internal 3 “AA” battery compartment
|Power Control:||Mechanical power switch|
|Signal to Noise Ratio:||>65db|
|Audio Performance:||0.2% distortion|
|RF Harmonic Rejection:||30db|
|Antenna Design:||Swivel SMA-style|
|Tuning Design:||Stable PLL technology|
|Meets FCC Part 15:||Yes, IC ID: 8728A-WHFM3|
|Size of Transmitter Unit:||4.1″ h x 2.7″ w x 0.9″ d|
|Weight of Transmitter Unit:||3.7 ounces|
|Transmission Signal:||FM stereo and FM mono|